How to Enjoy the Best Dentures Have to Offer
They can boost your confidence, help you speak more clearly, and enable you to enjoy favorite foods you once gave up, but learning to live with your new affordable quality dentures will take a little time and patience. Even the best dentures will feel foreign and awkward at first, but, in time they will seem as normal and routine as any other part of your life. In the meantime, here are a few great tips for living with dentures that your dentures dentist wants you to know.
Useful Tips from Your Dentures Dentist
- Initially, you may feel like your dentures are going to slip or fall out. Denture adhesive can help put your mind at ease. Eventually, the muscles in your cheeks and tongue will take over and keep your dentures in place.
- Eating and drinking will require some practice. Start with non-sticky, soft foods that are easy to chew. Stay away from meats, gummy foods, and hard or crunchy vegetables in the beginning. Cut solid foods into small pieces, and avoid biting with your front teeth. Try to distribute food evenly to both sides of your mouth while chewing for extra stability.
- You may notice more saliva in your mouth than usual when wearing dentures; this is normal and will improve in time.
- The best dentures deserve the best care. Make sure to brush them every day using a product made specifically for dentures. Never use regular toothpaste. It is designed for natural teeth and will harm your dentures.
- To get used to speaking with dentures, practice by slowly reading aloud in front of a mirror. You will quickly relearn to pronounce difficult words.
- Your dentures may loosen when you cough, sneeze, or laugh, but this does not necessarily mean there is a problem with how they fit.
- Take your dentures out at night to give your gums a rest.
- In general, you should see your dentures dentist or prosthodontist every six months for a checkup. Your bones and tissues change over time, so even the best dentures may eventually need to be relined. If you notice a difference in how your dentures fit or you experience pain or other symptoms, make an appointment immediately.
- Affordable quality dentures give you a priceless smile, so don’t hesitate to show the world your new grin.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Temple Terrace, call Advanced Dental Care of Temple Terrace today at (813) 440-3981 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Temple Terrace. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Temple Terrace, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Temple Terrace.